Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 6343
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This leadership position based has the responsibility for driving continuous improvement in our customer relationships by providing proactive communication, and customer order activities from purchase order receipt to collections. The Customer Service Manager will work with key cross-functional teams to proactively analyze and grow the business within profitability guidelines. Primary responsibilities include management of the domestic Customer Service Team, currently located within three domestic plants. The current team is comprised of nine Customer Service Specialists. This role will be located in Trenton, GA and reports to the Director, Sales Operations.
• Manage the department through setting performance objectives and conducting established performance review activities. Engage employees through motivation in daily activities, one on one meetings, team meetings, and coaching on a consistent basis.
• Coordinate and communicate with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, QA/RA, Finance, Customer Service, and Senior Management on key performance indicators and/or other Customer Service related issues.
• Cultivate business relationships with customers through frequent communication and on-site customer visits. Seek feedback on Customer Service performance and incorporate into team member discussions.
• Track department metrics and communicate trends with the ability to interpret and react to department metrics effectively.
• Studies, standardizes, recommends and implements new systems/procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Effectively present information to on-site and/or off-site senior management.
Customer Service Activities:
• Manage and coordinate the activities of CSS's in the department, recommends personnel actions such as; retention, promotion, transfer, or dismissal.
• Employee motivation through one on ones, team meetings, and coaching on a consistent basis.
• Conduct initial interview, train associates in Company policies, departmental procedures and job duties.
• Responsible for order processing activities: alignment of customer purchase orders against active quotes, quality system alignment, complaint investigation, returns and accounts receivable issues.
• Coordination of Customer Service processes with Field Sales Team, Purchasing, Finance, Production, Engineering, Quality and Shipping.
• Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers (internal and external) and regulatory agencies.
• Coordinate activities to prepare and analyze customer purchasing activities to determine anomalies. Work with the sales team to investigate and improve any gaps in purchasing activities.
• Prepare, analyze and educate management on the results of Sales Order Acknowledgments and make the appropriate recommendation to senior management on how to advance the business.
• Subject Matter Expert in SAP activities related to Customer Service areas of responsibility.
• Subject Matter Expert in SOP's for Customer Service activities. Ensure any changes to SOP's are appropriately updated in the OEM quality system.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of three years experience working in the medical device space required.
• Knowledge and experience in supporting a field Sales organization required.
• Strong background in tracking department metrics and communicating trends, with the ability to effectively interpret and react to department metrics.
• Three years in a supervisory and/or leadership position preferred.
• Prior experience with business integrations and/or Mergers & Acquisitions is preferred.
• Working knowledge of SAP is required.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a broad spectrum of people having varying backgrounds, education, and experience.
• Good decision making, time management, personnel leadership skills, analytical skills and the ability to think strategically.
• Strong Project Management Skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and the ability to multi-task.
• Exceptional problem solving and the ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
• High level of organization, attention to detail and accuracy
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.