Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Dal-Tile is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician II to join our TEAM! As the Maintenance Technician we need someone who can make adjustments to machines and equipment for proper operation.
Performs various mechanical duties on machines and equipment needed for production.
Major Function and Scope
Experience and Knowledge Required
- Examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble.
- Dismantling or partially dismantling machines and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts.
- Replacing broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock and outside sources.
- Reassembling machines and making necessary adjustments for operation.
- Install or repair water, steam gas, or other types of pipe and pipe fittings; cutting various sizes of pipe to correct lengths with pipe cutting machines; threading pipe with stocks and dies; bending pipe by hand drive or power drive machines; assembling pipe with couplings and fastenings pipe to hangers
- Perform light electrical jobs and other duties as required to maintain our manufacturing and office facilities.
- Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance procedures on manufacturing and building equipment.
- Informs supervisor of operational status of equipment and notifies of any problem areas.
- Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
- Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Frequent use of step ladders, fixed ladders, and catwalks. Catwalks have standard 3ft tall hand rails to prevent falls, but there is no harness protection system required if the hand rails fail.
- Daily climbing heights with a maximum 30 ft. using step ladders, fixed ladders, and catwalks.
- Occasional lifting of objects that require additional personnel for assistance.
- Ability to operate a forklift on a daily basis.
- Daily stooping, cleaning, leaning, repairing, and maintaining equipment at heights up to 30 ft.
- Daily maintenance of water treatment with silos 25ft tall. Must be able to access all areas of the silo
Other Pertinent Job Information
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more year's industrial mechanical maintenance experience.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office)
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance. The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
This job has expired.