The Electrician is responsible for the monitoring, operations, troubleshooting, and repair of all, electrical supporting equipment. This position is also responsible for decision making when it comes to adjustment and repair of electrical equipment to achieve maximum performance. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshoot and repair of all electrical systems such as Variable frequency Drives (VFD), Transfer Switches, Emergency Generators, transformers, Motor Control Centers (MCC), Site Fire Systems, etc.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures based on job specifications and local codes. (Electric voltages might range from 24VAC to 480VAC and/or higher).
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, VFD's, MCC's, transformers, or other components .
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Direct or train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Perform business management duties, such as maintaining records or files, preparing reports, or ordering supplies or equipment.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit or moving or lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches or cost estimates for materials or services.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Monitoring- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Instructing- Teaching others how to do something.
- Complex Problem Solving- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Installation- Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Equipment Maintenance- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Troubleshooting- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Repairing- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Quality Control Analysis- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Administration and Management- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Design- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Building and Construction- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Mechanical- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mathematics- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Public Safety and Security- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Graduate of 12 month or greater vocational school in the Electrical field
- 3-5 years' experience Electrical maintenance and repair field
- StateElectrical License preferred
Xellia Pharmaceuticals is owned by Novo Holding A/S and is a specialty pharmaceutical company leading in the development, manufacture and supply of anti-infective treatments. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Xellia has global facilities in Europe, North America, and Asia, currently employing over 1700 people. With over 100 years of industry experience in developing last resort treatments for infectious diseases, Xellia is focused on the supply of products which not only save lives, but also improve and enhance patients' quality of life. Together with us, you can help lead the fight against bacterial infections.
Read more about Xellia Pharmaceuticals here
This job has expired.