This position is eligible for our $1500 Sign-On/Retention bonus!
Tradebe Environmental Services is a global leader in environmental services with US Headquarters in Merrillville, IN. Tradebe was founded in 1984 with the vision of helping industrial and chemical companies manage the increasing complexity of the waste they generate, ensuring safety for the people and the environment. Today, we continue to innovate and evolve as we maintain our firm commitment to propelling the circular economy and creating a more sustainable world. We actively contribute by managing all kinds of environmental liabilities in a safe and sustainable manner, focusing on reusing or recycling raw materials and energy, and being dedicated to meeting our customers' environmental goals. In the United States, Tradebe Environmental Services has 30 sites and serves customers from a broad range of markets, from petrochemicals to aerospace and hospitals, with unparalleled safety and quality standards.
As a Maintenance Mechanic with Tradebe you will do a variety of maintenance work on the equipment at the plant. This is an industrial maintenance role. The ideal candidate will have industrial maintenance experience dealing with mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment. Experience with carpentry and welding is a plus.
Key job responsibilities
- Maintain and repair all mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment and systems of plant machinery
- Perform minor repairs of rotating and reciprocating equipment; assemble, dissemble, remove, install, clean and lubricate, as needed, shafts, bearings, gears, pulleys and other hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical parts of machines.
- Repair or replace gauges, valves, regulators and other components of hydraulic, pneumatic and other fluid powered equipment or mechanical systems
- Connect or disconnect electrical equipment or components that are incidental to repairs.
- Some light welding, grinding and fabricating is also required.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, and sketches; draw sketches and schematics as needed
- Perform work through "the work order system"
- Record work performed and materials used
- Operate lift trucks and powered lifts as required
We offerWhy Tradebe is Right for You
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Three to five years of industrial maintenance experience
- A basic set of tools and a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work any shift; be available on call; and the ability to work in elevated and difficult positions, are required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check, are required
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Generous vacation and sick plans
- Medical (including telehealth), dental and vision
- 401k Retirement match
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings accounts (HSA)
- Agency paid, basic life and AD&D insurance
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Leadership opportunities
- Great work environment and culture
- And MORE!
Tradebe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
This job has expired.