The primary purpose and objective for Maintenance and Repair Technician I – Life Safety Services is to assist in the Installation and/or Inspect, Test and Maintain (ITM) Life Safety Systems and equipment for established customers on a scheduled basis. Sprinkler Technician performs inspections, testing, and maintenance on water based fire protection systems, Fire Alarm and Suppression systems and Underground piping in an industrial setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting lead technician in performance of their duties.
- Observe and apply lessons in on the job training for progression into technician role.
- Completion of required safety training.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory standards pertaining to assigned duties; i.e., State, OSHA, and NFPA regulations, etc.
- Exhibit safe work practices at all times.
Education and/or Experience:
Yes: 20 – 50%
- Current Motor Vehicle License with good driving record.
- Proficient with hand tools.
- Apply provided training to complete repairs and maintenance of equipment in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist warehouse personnel with order fulfillment if needed.
- Maintain minimum productivity of 80% within 60 days.
- Keep all certifications and licenses current and renewed by completing continuing education as required.
- Must pass Drug & Alcohol screen, Physical exam, and background check.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process and quality instructions).
Work Environment (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.):
- Working conditions will vary with service work being performed indoors and also out in the field.
- Possibility of working in hazardous environments when working within a plant which would require safety precautions and appropriate equipment.
- Ability to work in climatic weather (cold/heat) during day or night operations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Occasional lifting of items weighting a maximum of 55 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairwells up to 15 levels high.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders (step, extension, cage) up to 24’ high.
- Able to walk at a normal pace for up to 15 continuous minutes.
- Able to work from a standing position for 8-10 hours.
- Bending, climbing and stooping as needed for access of equipment to repair and service.
- Pass all test requirements to be approved to work off shore. (If Applicable)
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and a definitive career path.