Facility: Bay Correctional and Rehabilitation Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position collects, inspects, and inventories all personal property of incoming inmates. It requires familiarity with policies, procedures and practices established by the organization. The sensitive nature of the position requires the incumbent to exercise discretion and retain confidentiality of information obtained by discussions or recorded data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, and specific facility regulations including posted special orders and instructions.
- Assists with data entry and maintenance of computerized files.
- Collects, inspects and inventories all personal property of incoming inmates when they first arrive at the facility.
- Provides inmates with a receipt for all personal property stored for them, pursuant to facility policy.
- Maintains inmate personal property in a safe and secure manner until their release from custody.
- Develops and submits required reports relative to inmates’ stored property, as well as other reports as required.
- Prepares property for the release of inmates.
- Assists in the inmate release process as required.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls and take messages in the absence of management personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.