The Machine Repair Technician will troubleshoot and repair all rotating equipment onsite, remove and set equipment/machinery, repair equipment/vessels, and perform preventative maintenance on equipment. They will be working with varying degrees of precision tolerances.
* Perform safe maintenance to rotating equipment, including: pumps, compressors, ventilation, agitators, seals, hoists, etc.
* Bolt/unbolt piping and equipment, perform proper torque and gasketing techniques, maintain threaded piping connections.
* Safely work in all conditions/environments, to include: shop areas, process areas, outside conditions -- all forms of weather, elevated locations, confined space, within a team or individual contributor.
* Successfully complete all required training.
* Complete timely and accurate data entry in support of reliability efforts.
* Participate in all Safety Meetings and safety improvements
* Oversees Millwright Apprentices and is able to give directions and assistance when needed
* Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machines and hand tools common to the trade.
* Determines needs, analyzes, and make necessary running adjustments, repairs, and overhauls mechanical equipment.
* A minimum of a High School diploma or GED is required
* Millwright Journeyman card is required or documented training
* Must be 18 years old or older
* Must be willing to work weekends, and holidays, if required.
* Must be willing to work overtime (extra hours beyond your regular scheduled) if required.
* Participates in an after hour call rotation for night and weekend coverage.
* Current, valid US driver's license.
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
* Familiarity with Optic and/or Laser alignment techniques.
* NCCER certified in Millwright or Mechanical type craft (NCCER Certification obtained through an Instructor Led Training Program is a preference).
* Knowledgeable in the maintenance of and the proper installation/replacement of rolling element bearings, single and double mechanical seals, shaft couplings and rotating shaft assemblies, and general rotating equipment of all types.
* Procedure use - this includes field use, review, revise, and development of procedures.
* Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
* Be competent in the use of the maintenance tools to include measuring tools such as inside/outside micrometers, depth gauges, etc., for shaft to shaft alignment.
* Ability to work in a safe manner. Safety is a top priority at Dow. Every individual at Dow is expected to make safety a priority.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* Strong written, verbal communication, reading, listening, and comprehension skills.
* Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site.
* Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
* Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
* A self-starter who is self-motivated and can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
* Able to work with independently with minimal supervision within an empowered team environment.
* Strong work ethic.
* Utilize functional, technical knowledge, company standards and educational background or experience to analyze and solve problems.
* Effectively work and maintain relationships with the Natural Work Teams and key stakeholders with diverse perspectives and background is essential including Engineers, Operations personnel, and co-workers to identify and resolve technical issues
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
* Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
* Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.
* Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. To qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less
Relocation: Dow does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Posted about 3 hours ago
San Diego, California
Posted about 2 hours ago
San Diego, California
Posted about 2 hours ago