R3E: Medical Surg Unit
Enjoy your nursing career on a 33-bed Adult Med/Surg unit that provides care to adult and geriatric medical patients. R3E works closely with the Hospitalist physicians and the Hildreth Teaching Service Residents. Patients are commonly admitted for a multitude of different medical diagnosis ranging from infections, COPD, Pneumonia, sepsis, gastrointestinal complications, substance abuse withdrawal, diabetic complications and more.
R3E is a high quality professional interdisciplinary team who builds relationships through the delivery of compassionate care while demonstrating nursing excellence in a patient/family centered environment through communication, autonomy and accountability.
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America's 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Magnet Status
- Level 1 trauma
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizient Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!NEW increased base rate pay effective November 20, 2022!
Tower takes learning to new levels with the Tower Tuition Discount Program - Up to 50% off for Eligible Employees AND Qualified Family Members who attend credit courses at Drexel University
The LPN coordinates specialty clinics and administers direct nursing care to assigned patients under the direction and supervision of an RN and the Nurse Manager. Reports directly to the Nurse Manager, Ambulatory Practices Qualifications Education Requirements
ExperienceCertification and Licensure
- Post High School Diploma Program
- PA Practical Nurse License
- BLS Certification
- Computer Skills to include use and navigation
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- General Clerical Skills
- Medical Terminology
- Microsoft Office Applications