A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.Who you are
The Attending Veterinarian (AV) will provide high quality clinical veterinary medicine for animal facilities at our (Rockville, MD) site and collaborate globally with colleagues fulfilling regulatory responsibilities including our Animal Use Review Board (MAUR). The Attending Veterinarian will also serve as the Animal Welfare Officer (AWO) and will support the site Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), and interact with outside regulatory agencies including USDA and AAALAC intl. Furthermore, the AV/AWO role will assure the quality of care and animal facility environment follows corporate standards and policies; local, state, regional and federal regulations; and other guidelines. This position will report into the Global Animal Welfare Officer for NA/Israel.
- Serve on the IACUC with overall responsibility for the care and use of laboratory animals
- Educate investigators in understanding IACUC expectations and in the writing and preparation of animal use protocols; provide expertise and interpretation of animal welfare regulations to investigators as needed with attention on responsibility for 3R's (Reduction, Replacement and Refinement of animal experiments), literature search for alternatives to procedures.
- Track and Trend animal use and health data. Deliver on 3R (Reduction, Replacement and Refinement of animal experiments) KPIs.
- Facilitate the smooth and efficient operation of the site IACUC, including facilitating animal use protocol review, conducting veterinary pre-review and be an active voting member of the IACUC, support the Post-Approval Monitoring activities, and semi-annual program reviews.
- Participant in regulatory inspections/site visits and internal auditing groups.
- Provide technical training for animal biomethodologies and actively work on application of 3R's
- Acts as auditor for animal using vendor qualification and supports Corporate AUV management team as needed.
- Support the culture of caring at the local site of responsibility
- Perform clinical veterinary rounds, assess all clinical cases, prescribe treatment and maintain animal health medical records.
- Track and Trend morbidity and mortality of all animals, assess data to pull out trends that may indicate unanticipated outcomes, that are study related, other animal welfare incidents report these findings to IACUC and GAWO
- DVM or equivalent degree, with a current State (US) veterinary license.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a lab animal medicine in academia or industry or comparable field with record of increased responsibilities and accomplishments, including a minimum 3 years IACUC experience.
- Highly skilled clinical veterinarian with direct experience in research animal welfare oversight, quality assurance, and IACUC functions.
What we offer:
- Must possess clear understanding of regulations (e.g. USDA) and The Guide standards related to the use of animals in research, teaching, and testing.
- Experience with AAALAC accreditation process.
- Experience in a GLP and Toxicology Testing Environment.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 213935
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.