At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
How you will make contributions that matter...
- Opens bulk cheese, places cheese on production line, infeed to cheese cutters. Packs cases with finished product, and stacks completed cases on pallets, rotating hourly.
- Operates infeed cheese to cheese cutting department
- Manually feed cheese to conveyor belt to scale and wrapper.
- Fill cases with good packages, either by count or weight, and put filled cases into carton sealers. (6lb,20lb, 30lb & 40lbs cases).
- Stack completed cases on pallet, making sure current pallet configuration and count as stated on the product template.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment.
- Fill/operate dry ingredient dispensers as needed.
- Perform minor maintenance tasks on cheese portioning equipment.
- Change tape in carton sealers.
- Perform and support product change-overs, adjustments and set-up.
- Return rejected packages from the casing area to packing area, open rejected packages on to line or into trim barrel.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal communication skills.
- Understands and follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and good housekeeping practices.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner; wears appropriate PPE as required for the task and follows all JSAs, SOPs and SSOPs.
You are best suited for the role if you...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years' experience in a food or dairy manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Strong technical skills, ability to operate and understand equipment controls, touch panels and mechanical operations.
- Demonstrated work history.
- Consistent attendance is a must.
- This position frequently requires mental/analytical demands. The ability to read, analyze, and interpret operating manuals. The ability to work effectively under pressure is critical to this position.
- Shift flexibility. This is a hands-on role for a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Our receiving operators are assigned to a team in support of dairy operations. This can either be days, swing or night shift and may also include working weekends and some holidays. Work days and shifts may change to help cover vacations/absences, during plant downtime or related events such as audits.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.