Qualified candidates for this position should be fully vaccinated by 1st day of hire for the Covid virus. Ricoh will evaluate requests to reasonably accommodate qualified candidates who have not been vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Supervises the day-to-day operations of a specified 1 to 3 person site within a legal office environment. Reports directly to an Account Manager and works to provide employee developmental support. Will also assist in employee relations matters as it pertains to supervising and directing. Works to develop, implement, and review procedures for compliance and improvement. Prepares, creates, validates, and invoices client(s) as per the customer's billing needs. Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to communicate with senior level attorneys, partners, clients, opposing counsel, court reporters, vendors, staff, and others. The Site Supervisor is the point person for customer issues as well as providing direction for issue resolution. Works directly or indirectly assisting the site operations with any of the following office functions: copy, production, and scanning, fax, mail, and shipping, hospitality assistance, conference room set up and scheduling, receptionist backup, facilities support, and inventory control. Works to maintain and control an acceptable profit level within the site while looking for additional service offerings to enhance the customers work flow.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEGAL ENVIRONMENT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Possess the legal background to understand client matter work flow, such as:
- Charge back to firm and/or clients for work, supplies, hours, etc.
- Familiar with legal technologies and software such as document management systems as well as cost recovery and charge back systems (examples: Copitrak/Equitrac, etc.).
- Familiar with legal records management processes.
- Familiar with processes and documents such as: closing binders, depositions, transcripts, briefs, addendums, filings, discovery, judgments, knowledge of court systems, and the proper delivery of items and documents within the court system.
- Assists with scheduling needed equipment, labor, and supplies for offsite trial(s).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the effective implementation and management of the RICOH Service Excellence methodology.
- Functions as a working supervisor, assisting in the daily tasks and operations as per the customer contract.
- Handles formal contact with the customer daily.
- Handles highly confidential documents that may be time sensitive.
- Provides quality work due to the sensitive nature of documents and projects that are required in a legal environment.
- Responsible for understanding the law firm structure and hierarchy while interacting and providing professional support to firm associates (legal secretaries, project managers, paralegals, associates, and partners).
- Responsible for job accuracy on project work that may require an expedient turnaround and have a tight deadline.
- Provides training on workflow and machine operations when necessary.
- Ensures payroll accuracy by overseeing and correcting all time clock punches.
- Achieves shift profitability (cost of goods) by effectively supervising the labor, materials, and supplies.
- Operates shifts and maintains quality of work to comply with audits and deadlines.
- Meets quality and deadline standards by the effective use of job scheduling practices.
- Maintains efficient workflow by holding direct reports accountable for quality and efficiency of their work.
- Facilitates resolution of issues concerning pricing, orders-in, and invoicing.
- Ensures all direct reports execute objectives using tools such as: a developmental plan, ninety (90) day plan, and regular performance reviews.
- Posts reports showing productivity, quality, and deadline results.
- Maintains positive internal working relationships with all department employees by communicating in a professional manner.
- Completes site reports and other paperwork on time and accurately.
- Completes month-end management report.
- Assists the account manager with review of the monthly financial reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and 2+ years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the legal industry is strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience with different types of law and the different departments such as: criminal, civil, corporate, real estate, bankruptcy, intellectual property, etc.
- Preferred computer experience and proficiency working with programs such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe (pdf), and legal software.
- Preferred experience in delivering classroom and/or informal training sessions.
- Preferred experience in operation of the most advanced machines, performing complex jobs.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.