Job Posting Title
Legal Counsel, Sales ProcurementPosition Summary
The Attorney, Commercial reports to Ferrara's Senior Legal Counsel and is responsible for drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, providing legal advice to Ferrara's operations and sales teams, and leading ad-hoc projects for Ferrara's legal team. Candidates must be conscientious, self-starters, and be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including services agreements, supply agreements, customer agreements, external manufacturing agreements, non-disclosure agreements and SaaS agreements, with the goal of achieving Ferrara's business objectives while protecting its interests, mitigating risk and ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Support the continuous improvement of annotated contract templates and legal processes, to optimize and make more efficient contract work across Ferrara.
- Advise Ferrara's operations and sales teams on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP concepts, and negotiation strategy.
- Provide legal support and guidance to Ferrara's Manufacturing, Procurement, International and Engineering teams, among others, communicating legal advice and concepts in such a way that the business people can operationalize.
- Engage and manage outside counsel as necessary.
- Assist in implementing a contract lifecycle management tool.
- Other duties as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to reduce the complex to understandable actionable steps
- Intellectual curiosity and strong critical thinking - ask the second question and elicit all relevant facts before making a recommendation
- Take a sophisticated, risk-based approach when providing legal advice
- Team player with a strong sense of self balanced with humility and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Embrace and encourage diversity of thought and open expression of ideas and opinions
- Ability to influence results in a multi-site, multi-state environment
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced organization with multiple demands, demonstrating a sense of urgency when appropriate, but being able to push back when more time is necessary to properly evaluate an issue
- Juris Doctor or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing in the state of Illinois or another U.S. state and able to "waive" in to Illinois
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial or financial agreements
- Experience in developing and supporting process change across Legal and business teams
- Proficient in utilizing contract lifecycle management tools
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.