Department: Support - Learning & development
Reports To: Associate Director of Learning & Development
The Learning & Development (L&D) Specialist provides a variety of program management within the Learning & Development function of the Support Department. The L&D Specialist is primarily responsible for the identification and implementation of learning initiatives across the organization. In partnership with the L&D team and key business stakeholders, this position will manage learning programs, oversee Performance Management, and conduct needs assessments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, deliver and manage learning and development solutions.
- Analyze and identify appropriate learning methods based on knowledge of adult learning principles and target audience.
- Build training proposals based on existing learning needs that aligns course objectives with performance outcomes and gain support from key stakeholders.
- Integrate appropriate technology options to address specific learning and performance needs.
- Partner with internal and external subject matter experts to design and develop effective instructional materials.
- Deliver engaging and effective learning solutions to enhance the learner experience.
- Measure the impact of learning and performance solutions and report on results.
- Oversee performance management program.
- Partner with Human Resources to facilitate annual performance management process.
- Engage key stakeholders to manage competencies for regional job roles.
- Provide on-demand and live training solutions for colleagues, managers and leaders on the annual review process and system.
- Partner with managers and key stakeholders to align job competencies and training solutions.
- Assess effectiveness of current development philosophies and provide propose improvements.
- Manage needs assessment for all offices.
- Identify and partner with key stakeholders in each office to assess training needs (may include local and regional travel).
- Influence management's decision making process by incorporating a broad, global scope to ensure alignment with business goals.
- Determine learning solutions, propose options, create a training plan, and present to key stakeholders for approval.
Education and/or Experience
- Additional duties as assigned.
Position requires a service oriented individual with a high level of integrity, maturity and personal standards. Must be assertive, positive and approachable, and project a professional image in action and appearance. Must handle confidential information and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
In addition, the following is required:
Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- 3-5 years' experience within a corporate Learning & Development function, or Human Resources.
- Experience with facilitating instructor-led and virtual workshops.
- Proficient in administering and working within a Learning Management System (LMS) and/or Performance Management System.
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills along with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem-solve during ambiguous situations, use sound judgment, and maintain flexibility and composure during change.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a varied pace, adhere to schedules and deadlines, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think "outside-the-box" and contribute innovative ideas and suggestions to the team.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite including work experience creating professional level documents, presentations and flyers.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity using the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation) model or SAM (Successive Approximation Model) strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with basic insurance educational needs preferred.
- Ability to stand for extended periods while facilitating instructor-led workshops.
- Comfortable with setting-up A/V equipment and web-conference (Zoom) software.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment and work from home.
- Flexible office hours; however, must be available when courses are held to ensure they run smoothly.
- Travel to various MMA offices occasionally required which may entail overnight trips.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.