Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function! Today GM IT is a multifaceted and fast paced organization that crafts, develops, and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing an extraordinary GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker in the world! Our team delivers outstanding enterprise-wide IT solutions in groundbreaking technologies such as mobility, telematics, critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer exciting positions for hardworking professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization passionate about innovation, speed, and business value.
About the role:
Lead Software Test Engineer ensures applications meet GM IT standards for functional, system, quality, security, performance, and architecture requirements. Ability to drive intermediate level of test planning, execution, and quality reporting of software applications through project engagements and sustaining software test activities. This includes the creation of manual and automated test cases, and test execution plans.
The Lead Software Test Engineer will perform ambiguity reviews of business and software requirements, execute tests, log defects, and report test metrics and test status to the project teams. This role requires deep knowledge and skill within software test strategy, creation of test process deliverables, test metric definition and industry standard report definition.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Works closely with business analysts, developers, architects, and project managers for the successful and on time delivery of projects with the highest quality.
- Collaborates closely with managers, leads and peers to share information and clarify instructions.
- Ability to handle work across multiple projects and lead all testing activities on a project.
- Builds test plans using standard templates defined by the organization.
- Interacts with more experienced test leads to assist in test strategy and process improvements.
- Builds and executes manual test cases and automated test scripts.
- Logs defects, conducts defect triage to tracks, and validate resolution of requirements and software defects.
- Review test plans and test cases written by others and provide feedback and assistance.
- Builds test execution plans, evaluates and produces tests, project metrics, and tracks progress to plan.
- Categorizes and leads test suites.
- Speaks to what is blocking testing and identifies where the issues are.
- Innovates the testing process using tools, techniques, and process tweaks.
- Analyzes and reviews business and system requirements. Becomes an SME of the system and business process domain.
- Derives and produces test estimates.
- Build and nurture relationships with development and business facing teams. Continuously collaborates with many teams multi-functionally.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Models GM behaviors and builds a winning culture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3+ years' experience in Software Testing across the entire test lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and process implementation experience
- Experience in test automation development, CI/CD tools, practices, and methodologies
- Innovative and strategic thinking to act and build positive change
- Must demonstrate outstanding communication, teamwork, presentation and leadership skills
- Experience with driving a test automation strategy (bonus)
- Java or .Net programming experience (bonus)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps / TFSAutomated Testing (Selenium)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.