Lead Product Manager, Workforce
We are seeking a Lead Product Manager, Workforce with at least 7 years of experience to help us fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success.
The Lead Product Manager, Workforce is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, helping to define the product vision, and working closely with leadership, engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Responsibilities also include working with leadership to ensure that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals. The Lead Product Manager is accountable for the specific market sector of community colleges and educational providers from a P&L ownership, a market expertise and strategic lead perspective.
What you will be working on:
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Product roadmap accountability including but not limited to development and communication
- Accountable for full and ongoing product lifecycle review of all products in portfolio this to include both product launches and sunsets
- Accountable for Market and product annual strategies development and execution of:
- Market research strategy
- Product marketing strategy
- Product pricing and packaging strategies
- Identify and support development of strategic sales tools
- Develop strategy and content for internal/external training, including the delivery of internal and external product demonstrations and presentations
- Development of technical documentation and online help
- Lead internal cross organization group to create volume and revenue forecasting including working with Sales, marketing and other stakeholders
- Ensure that all products in their portfolio are fully supported in all key areas including but not limited to technical, customer service, professional development, sales and marketing and implementation
- Ensure that all roadmap activities are linked to fully formed Business cases
- Accountable and responsible for availability of analytics on product performance
- RFP support
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
It's a plus if you have:
- Proven ability to manage complex and sometimes competing products or projects and demonstrated success in prioritizing and meeting deadlines that require quick turn around
- Understanding of the workforce market space including Career technical education, Community Colleges and Adult Education spaces
- Understanding of State and federal workforce funding from providers including Workforce Investment Boards. Department of Education, Department of labor and/or Department of Commerce
- Collaboration - work effectively with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Initiative - uses self-starter approach, ability to multi-task, proactively anticipates and acts on information and details needed, completes tasks with little to no direction
- Communication - ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization, including writing and presentation skills
- Results-oriented - focus on outcomes and results in delivery approach
- Decision making - acts decisively with sound judgement; uses data to analyze and options and form opinions
- Innovation - develops ideas that are new, better, or unique; embraces and promotes diverse perspectives
- Accountability - takes responsibility and follows through on commitments; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behavior
- Optimization - ability to apply continuous improvement to existing processes and programs
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, or a related area o r an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- A minimum of 7 years of experience that includes product management experience as well experience in any of the following areas: project management, marketing, product and technology integration, or assessment support
- Strong portfolio leadership experience
- Strong experience with leading external and internal partnerships
Your Work Makes a Difference
- Experience with Lean and Agile software development principles and tools
- Experience using Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Experience with Design Sprint and rapid prototyping processes
- Experience with online assessments and curriculum management and administration
- Experience with Business Model Canvas and Value Proposition Canvas
- Experience working in a community college environment and/or understanding the community college experience
- Experience bidding and winning federal and/or state funded Workforce RFP's
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a team that is small but part of a much larger cross functional team that focuses on positively impacting learners and their communities. Thinking about how to magnify that impact and amplify the paths for success for the learners and their communities is key to all we do. The team leads in a cross functional environment that relies on professionalism and collegiate execution to deliver products and services that serve the learners, their communities, and ACT and its delivery partners. The teams small size and nimble approach demands fast thinking, accountability, taking responsibility and ability to adapt to the changing needs of our audience.
ACT is a nonprofit organization helping people achieve educational and workplace success. Our programs are designed to boost lifelong learning in schools and workplaces around the world. Whether it's guiding students along their learning paths, enabling companies to develop their workforce, fostering parent, teacher, and counselor understanding of student progress, guiding job seekers toward career success, or informing policymakers about education and workforce issues. ACT is passionate about making a difference in all we do.
Learn more about working at ACT a t act.org!
This job has expired.