Multiple locations: Augusta ME, Rochester, NY; Binghamton, NY, Orange, CT
Responsible for the design, configuration, maintenance and renewal of automation, data collection, protection & control equipment subsystems on AVANGRID's electric delivery infrastructure in CMP Central Maine Power , New York (NYSEG and RG&E). AVANGRID's electric delivery system is approximately 8,600 miles of transmission lines and 1,000 substations.
Engineering activities for electric transmission and substation system protection projects to ensure safe, timely and cost-effective completion. Conduct analysis, develop estimates and apply engineering standards and criteria to drive the completion of projects. Coordinate with other departments, vendors, and consultants in order to complete projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
Ensure all protection system designs meet applicable company, local, state, and national codes and standards (NESC, FERC, NERC, NPCC, NYISO, ISO-NE, NY PSC, ME PUC, CT PUC, etc.).
Perform engineering design , and analysis of the electric transmission and substation protection systems in support of the capital construction programs. Perform engineering calculations and analysis. Review and approve detailed protection system settings, developed both internally and by engineering consultants.
Management of compliance programs applicable to substation assets. Act as subject matter expert during audits.
Serve as mentor in the technical development of lower level engineers and cross-department employees.
Represent the company on regional and national committees.
Travel to worksites on an as needed basis
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• 7 years of experience in Engineering or 4 years of experience in Protection & Control
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering / Technology.
• Registered Professional Engineer or ability to obtain certification.
• Advanced knowledge of power system analysis and fundamentals of equipment protection.
• Knowledge of national standards, regulations, and compliance requirements associated with power system protection.
• Experience with power system protection applications such as ASPEN OneLiner, ASPEN Line Database.
• Knowledge of IEC-61850 standards.
• Knowledge of FERC/NERC/NPCC and state regulations.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Strong Electrical Design Experience.
• Able to perform protection coordination analysis.
• Proficiency and fluency in power system protection theory, application, standards, design, and analysis.
Binghamton, New York
Posted about 15 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago