Regeneron's PMPD group, located in Tarrytown, NY is seeking a Lab Assistant to support the completion of assignments that are routine in nature, with supervision (daily or near daily). In this role, you will receive general instruction for routine work and executes assigned tasks alone and/or in collaboration with others. You will also participate optimally as a member of a \"team\" within his/her laboratory or functional area, and communicate primarily within subgroup.
A Typical Day In The Role Might Look Like:
This Role Might Be For You If:
- Contributes substantially to general support of daily laboratory activities.
- Applying technical knowledge to prepare buffers/media and record appropriately in an electronic lab notebook.
- Ordering, unpacking, and managing inventory of lab disposables.
- Cleaning, maintaining, and calibrating equipment.
- Primarily works cooperatively with colleagues within subgroup.
- May coordinate and collaborate with other groups involved in process development activities (project-dependent).
- With training, understands available instrumentation and executes tasks based on established laboratory practices (SOPs, protocols, procedures etc.) with supervision. May multi-task across assignments.
- Follows appropriate approaches or techniques to resolve known issues, as directed.
- Maintains accurate and complete records consistent with company policy and legal requirements.
- Helps facilitate projects through adherence to established departmental and/or company timelines.
- May have modified working schedule to include weekend days (e.g. Tuesday - Saturday) with purpose of providing general support to group.
- Contributes to lab equipment maintenance and safety to help create a safe, effective and efficient working environment.
- Anticipates and recognizes potential problems with laboratory supplies / equipment and takes action to prevent and solve problems.
- Keep up with SOP training and/or compliance responsibilities.
HS Diploma/AS required. Must possess good organizational, communication, and digital literacy. Thrives working on a team and can coordinate with others a plus. A service-oriented mindset, a strong attention to detail and an interest in science is required, as well as comfortability asking questions and receiving feedback.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
This job has expired.