Job ID: 298199
Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction, a CRH company, is a leading provider of high-quality asphalt paving services. In addition to paving services, we provide stone base construction, bridge construction, curb and gutter construction, site utilities, complete site development and sand products. We have been proudly serving the Triad area for over half a century. By being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Thompson-Arthur Paving & Construction has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Employee responsible for sampling asphalt product to ensure the product meets required tests.
- Partners and coordinates daily/weekly scheduling with management, plant personnel and crewmembers, as well as Department of Transportation inspectors to obtain necessary samples and mix designs.
- Clear understanding of asphalt procedures/production.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must partner with other members of staff reporting to Quality Control Manager to ensure quality control specifications are met, as well as daily production schedules/estimates.
- Knowledge to ensure ethical behavior and safety standards as required by the company and OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to read print-outs in reader box.
- Ability to prepare and submit proper documentation to the appropriate Quality Control personnel.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes
- Night and Weekend work required. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Ability to obtain state certifications as required.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Greensboro Job Segment:
This job has expired.