Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
Reporting to the Director of R&D and/or the Lead Laboratory Technician, for the Pulp & Paper Division, you will provide assistance in testing material samples for internal R&D and customer contract trials. The R&D facility supports the development of process technologies and machine sales that find application around the globe.
Job Responsibilites and Tasks
Education, Professional Experience and Qualifications Preferrered/ Required
- Prepare and transport test materials
- Set up and operate test machines and equipment
- Routine chemical preparations and handling
- Operate equipment under supervision of Lead Lab Tech
- Record test data on required reporting forms
- Clean test equipment, tanks, containers, etc.
- Perform general cleaning work in lab test area in order to ensure safe working conditions and reliable test results
- Load / Unload materials in drums, bags, etc.
- Operate forklifts to move materials
- Perform calculations to provide required, accurate measurements during trials
- Assist in field test work when lab manpower is limited
- Report test results on standard forms, as needed
- Maintain high safety and quality control standards
Physical and Mental Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Previous experience in a lab environment, preferred
- Solid writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge and interest in computer software, hardware, and Pulp and Paper industry, a plus
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures, and safety requirements
- Represent Company interests at all times
- Communicate effectively (verbal & in writing) and work independently or as a team member
- Complete all required documentation, accurately
In addition to working in an office environment, requires capability of working in a lab environment, which may include exposure to varying temperatures, noise levels, chemicals, fumes, irritants, dust, and dirt. Must possess strong probelm solving, origanizational, time management, prioritization, independent decision-making skills, while handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Physical requirements: Sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, grasp, navigate stairs and possible lifting of up to 50 lbs. Must have visual acuity, manual dexterity, ability to endure long hours, good mobility, and wear required personal protective equipment. All tasks performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 6867
This job has expired.