Job ID: 2113746
Location: NORFOLK , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Knowl/Collab Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently seeking a Knowledge and Collaboration Engineer to support the Navy's Service Management, Integration and Transport Program (SMIT) at the Norfolk Naval Base.
SMIT will provide secure end-to-end information technology (IT) services to more than 400,000 hardware devices used by more than 650,000 users at nearly 1,700 Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) sites worldwide via the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net), Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) and other legacy networks.
- Lead and coordinate the design, development, implementation, and support of business and/or technical information technology solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies
- Define project scope, plans and deliverables including cost projections and proposed implementation dates
- Assist leadership in determining technical direction of the organization. Research, analyze, recommend, and implement new technologies, standard processes, tools and techniques
- Create portions of information technology plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational strategic direction, technology context, and business needs
- Coach and provide technical leadership to others on the application of new technologies, appropriate project management, and system development methodologies
- Provide technical support for marketing initiatives through participation in proposals and marketing studies.
- Review other system and programming designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technologies
- Identify, develop, update, and enforce standards and procedures. Monitor and ensure resolutions of performance issues.
- Interface with support groups on production problems, technical concerns, and financial issues
- Gather requirements, design, architect, plan, and implement system solutions for SharePoint platforms
- Provide SharePoint and related applications administration, operational support and problem resolution
- Work with various vendors to install, upgrade, configure, administer, automate and optimize architectures and associated software
- Perform software installation and upgrade automation
- Troubleshoot problems, take appropriate corrective action, and interacts with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support, and troubleshooting functions
Bachelors degree and five (5) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies to include SharePoint, SQL, and Windows Office
- Experience with relating technologies and third party tools such as CorasWorks, DocAve, iOra
- Experience in leading and managing information technology projects in a complex environment
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Collaboration Engineer
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNP Collaboration Certification
- Microsoft 365 or Sharepoint Architect Certification
Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance; able to start once Interim Secret is granted. US Citizenship is required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.