Join a team with EXCELLENCE, LOYALTY and INTEGRITY!
Gibbs & Cox is an independent engineering and design firm specializing in naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. The firm is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia with offices in New York City, New Orleans, LA, Newport News, VA, Chesapeake, VA, Philadelphia, PA, and Yarralumla, Australia. Gibbs & Cox is a Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Firm in the United States, and has been serving government, commercial, and recreational markets worldwide since 1929. Our quality system is certified to ISO 9001:2015 for design, engineering, program management, and administrative services.
Gibbs & Cox is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
The Junior Accountant responsibilities will include a combination of daily payable accounts, travel reimbursements, accounts receivables and account reconciliations.
Responsibilities will include:
Education and Experience
- Matching large batches of invoices (coding, totaling, batching, entering)
- Corporate card reconciliation of charges that appear on the monthly statement to receipts obtained
- Maintaining accounting records and reconciling accounts payable
- Assist in receivable reporting, spreadsheets and receivables files
- Assist with general accounting tasks, including G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing
- Processing travel reimbursements
- Other duties as assigned
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of overall combined accounts payable and accounting experience
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end processes including reconciliation
- Establish priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently with limited supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel spreadsheets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong aptitude for math
- Strong basic accounting skills
- Deltek Accounting software experience is preferred
- Positive attitude, able to accept feedback and constructive criticism
Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.