There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performance development team that is transforming the customer and dealer experiences associated with purchasing GM products, including Electric Vehicles (EV's). The Finance function performs a critical cross-functional role in driving GM's business success including improving company financial performance, managing cash to fund major vehicle programs, and reporting results and managing investor perceptions. Global Finance IT provides innovative technology solutions to support these objectives. We deliver value at high speed through an intense Customer focus coupled with domain expertise and business savvy. We are innovative, dependable, reliable, and collaborative.
For this developer role within General Motors, you are responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies. You will work hands-on writing software or solutions, based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Additionally, you will work with development activities will include:
Updating existing software and/or developing new software solutions to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. You will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process. You will developer your skill further by working closely with more senior developers to ensure code alignment with design patterns/frameworks.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns/frameworks
- Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort
- Demonstrate mastery of several programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Assists with Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code or solution/configuration
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Knowledge of Software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing including automation
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Work closely with senior developers, software engineers and/or data scientist to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Document software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience is required (at least 5 years of experience is preferred)
- Excellent understanding of distributed systems and service oriented architecture along with web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Nice to have Skills: Node.JS, React.JS, Python and Kendo UI
- Experience with Cloud computing, CI/CD processes and tools (e.g., PCF, Azure DevOps, Maven, Artifactory, Bitbucket, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres)
- Familiarity with packaged and open source software (e.g., SAP, S/4HANA,Vistex, WKC, DRM, Zuora, PowerBI, Knime, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as well as software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- Understanding of security, efficient code reuse, and software design
- Business process experience including Order Management, Pricing, Incentives, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Supply Chain, Logistics, and Asset Accounting
- Bachelor's degree required
- Computer Science, MIS / CIS, or another STEM-related major preferred
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.