Job ID: 2113745
Location: WASHINGTON , DC , US
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking an IT Systems Engineer to support the Navy's Service Management, Integration and Transport Program (SMIT) in Washington, DC.
SMIT will provide secure end-to-end information technology (IT) services to more than 400,000 hardware devices used by more than 650,000 users at nearly 1,700 Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) sites worldwide via the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net), Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) and other legacy networks.
- Perform advanced systems installation, operation, integration, and troubleshooting in order to maintain optimum Information Technology (IT) system operations
- Design and oversee upgrades and new installs of IT systems and services ensuring coordination with Cyber Security Specialist
- Perform Tier III upgrades of networking systems, IT systems, and storage networking
- Perform Tier III troubleshooting, optimization, and performance management of Internet Protocol (IP), Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and routing protocols
- Integrate enterprise, regional, and local IT systems ensuring current network operations are sustained or oversee their recovery
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted lieu of degree.
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Must have a current IAT LEVEL II certification
- Must have a current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Must have a current Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Must have a current Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification
Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance; able to start once Interim Secret is granted. US Citizenship is required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.