Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
A senior leadership position with the IT Strategy & Business Management Team, the IT Governance & Strategic and Business Management position is responsible for the development and support of the IT Governance and Strategic programs, the annual IT Budget and corresponding management of annual benchmarking information, the annual IT project portfolio and IT operational and performance metrics. This position also includes development of a monthly business line executive Operating Review, to report progress on approved book of work and relevant IT metrics.
This position is under the supervision of the Director of IT Strategy and Business Management, and requires extensive banking business acumen, a broad range of technology experience, exceptional leadership skills, and strong skills to plan, organize and execute the assigned program and projects.
Additional responsibilities of this position may include providing direction to other IT leaders, assisting with project prioritization, and funding, and assessing for dependencies. The assigned projects will have enterprise-wide implications that require analyzing potential cross-divisional and project impacts of large-scale system implementations. This position also includes development, implementation and reporting on organizational metrics.
- Partner with the designated IT Leader to develop an annual program portfolio of work including priority and anticipated business value.
- Accountable to IT stakeholders and senior management for schedule, budget, quality and outcome of all IT program elements.
- Lead and Manage IT Governance and Strategic Plan, by leading and managing the IT function.; including IT Governance Charter, and associated policy and standards and meeting minutes.
- Lead annual IT budget / financial management including approved budget plan vs. actuals; annual forecast, quarterly reforecast, and budgetary alignment with the IT strategic plan,
- Coordinate and manage the annual IT Benchmarking updates.
- Develop executive reporting that includes board ready materials, reports and metrics, IT status and Risk Based reporting including end of life / end of support technologies.
- Conduct monthly business reviews (e.g. Commercial, Community Bank) through development of executive dashboards, scorecards and reporting of monthly business results, including project portfolio.
- Provide management oversight for development and maintenance of the IT Strategic Operating model.
- Manage annual IT Project Portfolio; developing and managing projects; development of strategic project plan, and development of monthly executive status reports including relevant IT metrics.
- Develop succinct, but comprehensive monthly status reporting for assigned projects, providing routine status updates to stakeholders, business and technology leaders.
- Manage program progress via weekly All Hands IT status meetings.
- Provide management oversight for development and maintenance of the IT Metric Operating model.
- Lead development of IT Strategic operational / performance metrics and reporting.
- Ensure connection and alignment of IT projects to the CIO Strategy and technical standards.
- Complies fully with all bank policies and procedures and completes all required training.
- Develop a working knowledge of the FFIEC Handbook and apply to assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience as an IT Manager or Project Manager responsible for managing technical teams and/or projects.
- Minimum 8 years of experience leading concurrent projects of varying complexities, involving a medium-to-large team with cross-department impacts.
- A minimum of 5 years of banking / financial services and/or technology industry experience.
- A technology savvy leader with hands-on experience in software development, business and technical requirements, systems integration, technology risk, and a working knowledge of Information Security concepts and principles.
- Required Six Sigma certification with 2-4 years of experience with increasing responsibilities from Team Member to Team Leader or Coach.
- Preferred certification in SAFE Agile with 2-3 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience working with business partners to develop, prioritize and schedule a business line project portfolio including business cases that include anticipated project value.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to executive management and various levels across within the organization Exceptional analytical, managerial, and interpersonal skills.
This job has expired.
- Working knowledge of business productivity tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.