Falls of Neuse Management LLC is looking for an experienced Network Admin/Engineer to join our team in Raleigh NC.
The IT Network Admin / Engineer will be based out of Falls of Neuse Management's Raleigh office, with operations throughout the U.S., and will report directly to the IT Network Manager. This position will have overall responsibility, as a systems administrator / engineer, for supporting the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the corporate voice and data networking environments.
- Install, configure, and maintain voice and data networking hardware, firmware, operating systems, and software. Includes physical, virtual, wireless, and cloud-based networking.
- Provides support and troubleshooting of voice and data networking environments.
- Provides support, troubleshooting, and testing for new firmware and software releases.
- Supports network monitoring, lifecycle, performance tuning, and backup / recovery processes and procedures.
- Interfaces and / or supports the IT Systems Management, IT Service Desk Management, and Security and Compliance teams as necessary.
- Follows and ensures standardized processes and procedures, as well as IT Security policies, principles, and practices.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Provides on-call 24 x 7 support on a rotating basis.
Education and Experience:
- Other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology / Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience required.
- 3-5 years' experience in Information Technology experience required.
- Experience supporting corporate voice and data networking required.
- Experience with the following is strongly preferred:
- Network cabling and design
- LAN/WAN and TCP/UDP/IP Networking
- DNS/DHCP Administration
- Analyzers, firewalls, proxies, routers, switches, video conferencing solutions
- Aruba, Cisco, Fortinet, or HP Networking hardware
- Implementing and optimizing network solutions
- vLANs, SD-WAN, IPsec and SSL VPN tunnels and clients, VRFs, routing tables
- VoIP infrastructure, IP phones, and/or Cloud PBX technologies
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Critical thinking, judgement, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and oral communication.
- Robust attention to detail, organization, and time management skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services.
- This position requires occasional travel in the United States.
- Ability to lift to waist up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Ability to type on a keyboard.
- Ability to hear and talk.
- Ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Requires close vision for computer work and reviewing correspondence.
- Work is performed in a controlled office and manufacturing environment, noise levels within acceptable safety levels, paper dust, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.