The IT Infrastructure Engineer is a member of our SOC team and functions as an internal supporting role to both internal and external customers in a fast-paced client focused environment. This role will also support the internal IT service desk as a Tier-3 SME.
The position requires a detail oriented, customer friendly individual, who understands deadlines, proper planning, documentation, and ensuring tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
Experience programming in Ruby, Python, or similar language is required, as this role handles automating configurations and tasks. This position develops and maintains the configuration management program for the SaaS (Software as a Service) and corporate environments using Puppet and Terraform to implement and maintain IaC (Infrastructure as Code) in a Cloud agnostic fashion to support SaaS deployments in GCP, AWS, and Azure.
This role is also security focused, implementing and managing vulnerability management sensors, and logging ingestion to support investigating incidents with a SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) including Splunk and CrowdStrike, and developing metrics-based monitoring solutions and alert engines. This includes implementing and managing HIDS (Host-Based Intrusion Detection System), network security tools, firewalls, and applying, configuring, and automating CIS benchmarks, and managing PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) for corporate and SaaS use cases.
In addition, the role will have an emphasis on network infrastructure both on-premise and in the cloud. Experience with physical on-premise datacenters is desirable. This position will handle network design and switch configuration as well as server configuration and virtualization.
This position also has a small amount of general IT functions, such as supporting service desk team in their development and maintenance of the laptop provisioning package, database Management, hypervisor management (ESXi/ProxMox/KVM/HyperV) and acting as tier 3 support for service desk.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain security solutions
- Firewall management
- Genetec Security Center management
- Implementing and maintaining compliance frameworks
- Google Workspace and MDM administration
- IAM configuration and management
- PKI configuration and management
- SAML configuration and management
- Multi-domain active directory forest administration
- Virtualization (ESXi, ProxMox, KVM, HyperV)
- Switch and network design and configuration
- Network configuration and maintenance
- Implementing and managing VPNs
- Developing and maintaining configuration management software
- Implementing and managing metrics, monitoring, and alerting solutions
- Implementing and managing inventory management solution
- Managing DevOps automation pipelines
- Container management
Education and Experience
- Database management
- Performance management of hardware and software workflows
- Hardware level troubleshooting of server equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with troubleshooting
- Experience with variety of Operating Systems (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- Any System or Network Administration certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of Network or Systems Administration experience
Please apply directly on our career's page
- Linux, Windows, and/or Mac OSX administration
- Switch management via CLI (Cisco, Fortinet, etc)
- Provisioning package development and management
- Puppet or other configuration management such as Chef or Ansible
- Server hardening
- Remote support, assisting end-user and technical support related issues
- Ability to facilitate an initial root cause analysis and mitigate escalation quickly
- Can identify, triage, and/or resolve complex technology issues in an enterprise environment
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and isolate network problems
- Network configuration, including physical and logical networking
- Remote configuration and management of systems with RDP and SSH
- Active Directory administration
- Ability and eagerness to learn new skills
Exterro is an equal opportunity employer, participates in E-Verify and is a drug-free workplace. All employment offers are contingent upon successful passing of a background check and drug screen. You will be required to sign a non-competition agreement for this role.
This job has expired.