This is a key position within the Information Technology team. We are seeking a creative and innovative thinker to manage diverse application development tasks.
The IT Application Engineer is responsible for the complete analysis, design, implementation, documentation, training, and ongoing support of multiple departmental software applications, including replacements to existing applications, as well as new applications. These applications may include custom designed and developed applications, or installed commercial applications.
In addition, candidates must have an inclination to understand existing processes and systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts, be able to build relationships and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establishing a detailed application specification through discussion with business departments;
- Clarifying what actions the application is intended to perform;
- Breaking down application specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language;
- Devising possible solutions to anticipated problems;
- Working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project to write a specific section of the application;
- Combining all elements of the application design and testing it;
- Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the application works as intended;
- Conducting testing and installing the application into production;
- Reacting to problems and correcting the application as necessary;
- Evaluating and increasing the application's effectiveness;
- Adapting the application to new requirements, as necessary;
- Conducting user-acceptance testing to ensure the application can be used easily, quickly and accurately;
- Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the application by users and I.T. operations;
- Consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop applications and maintain existing skills and knowledge;
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and applications.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Fulfill the duties of other staffing as needed to meet business needs
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this position you may be required to:
- Occasionally sit, walk, stand, bend at the neck and/or waist, squat, climb, crawl, kneel, twist at the neck and/or waist, use hands repetitively for simple and power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, carrying/lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Moving IT equipment
- Work around equipment and machinery within all Cambro facilites and IT
- Exposure to excessive noise within all Cambro facilites and IT
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals within all Cambro facilites and IT
- Working at heights within all Cambro facilites and IT
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves/cutting gloves
- Steel-toe slip resistant shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, earmuffs)
- Face shields as required by the company
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- IBM Power Systems, IBM i Development (RPGLE, Java)
- IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, RDMS.
- SQL Development
- Software Change Management
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office programs including Office365, Excel, Access, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- 6+ years of Development Experience
- Loves hands on coding and managing high visible projects
- Proficient with common Information Technologies nomenclature
- Excellent knowledge and execution of Software Development Methodologies and Development Project reporting.
- Self-starter and possess excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate crisis management capabilities, work well in ambiguous situations and adjust readily to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change.
- Creative and Innovative thinker.
- Highly motivated & Results oriented.
- Collaborate across other technology and infrastructure teams to provide seamless solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the Infrastructure workforce.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.