If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Clinical Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) Systems Integration Specialist. The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) Systems Integration Specialist serves as the technical subject matter expert on medical device connectivity and provides expert knowledge in developing and maintaining interfaces in a healthcare environment. Incumbent acts as technical subject matter expert on medical device connectivity and provides expert knowledge in developing and maintaining interfaces in a healthcare environment. Ensures effective and safe procurement, deployment, and sustainment of integrated medical devices/systems. Serves as a medical device/system subject matter expert to clinical staff, vendors, and the Clinical Engineering department. Designs, develops, and maintains interfaces for the clinical and research user community. Works as a leader to design, build, test, and support software and hardware applications. Works between application, systems, networking and vendor technical resources to define "best practices" surrounding the ongoing implementation interfaces that support of the Clinical Engineering operation.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Serves as a medical device/system subject matter expert to clinical staff, vendors, and the Clinical Engineering department.
- Responsible for the assessment, design, procurement, installation, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation, configuration, performance, and testing of medical device/system hardware, software, firmware, networking, servers, clients, databases, and interfaces with the support of clinical staff, in-house technical resources, and vendors.
- Responsible for resolving end-user issues, supporting downtimes, requesting feature requests, performing vendor remediation, and responding to recalls or patient incident investigations.
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date inventory and technical reference documentation of medical devices/systems and their interconnections for use in end-user issues, downtimes, feature requests, vendor remediation, recalls, repairs, upgrades, incident investigations, or capital planning.
- Oversees and participates in multiple medical device/system projects with diverse stakeholders, timelines, and resources.
- Monitors and adopts the industry's and health system's latest best practices for integrated medical devices/systems, specifically for risk assessments, IT change management, FDA or vendor hazard/recalls, or patient incident root cause analysis.
- Manages multiple medical device/system recalls and issues requiring adequate response, delegation, prioritization, or escalation.
- Provides functional and technical guidance to assigned personnel on a daily basis including scheduling, monitoring, reviewing of systems studies, project and program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS in Computer Sciences/Information Systems/Computer Engineering required
- 4+ years of experience in Information Technology in a technical role.
- 4 years hand-on experience in medical systems configuration and administration.
- 4 years of experience implementing and supporting clinical application systems.
- Work experience with Oracle and SQL Server relational database systems.
- Work experience with XML Schema, XSL, SAX and DOM processing mechanisms.
- Work experience with C++, XML, and JAVA.
- Master's Degree Biomedical Engineering or Clinical Engineering preferred.
- CBET or CHTM certification strongly preferred.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbally and writing.
- Strong understanding of enterprise Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network
- (LAN), TCP/IP, Ethernet.
- Practical experience with project delivery and systems development.
- Experience in leading hospital applications suites preferred.
- Working knowledge of HL7 standards and custom interface products.
- Strong working knowledge of UNIX (AIX) and Windows Server.
- Strong understanding of HL7, HL&-HML, ANSI and AAMI standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and writing.
- Strong working knowledge of healthcare technology management, project management,
- information technology, and process improvement.
- Strong soft skills (communication, flexibility, leadership, teamwork, time management,
- creativity, ability to work under pressure, self-motivation, accountability, etc.)
- Experience in leading hospital applications suites.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.