Inventory Control Specialist - Receiving
Location: This position will work onsite. The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of our Elevance Health PulsePoint Altamonte Springs, FL location.
Work Shift: Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm
The Inventory Control Specialist - Receiving is responsible for more complex duties in the preparation and labeling of prescription medications. Counts, weighs, measures, and pours prescription medication or stock legend drugs and controlled substances including the filling of an automated medication system.
How you will make an impact:
- Enter required information in order to record all legal requirements for preparation of prescription verification by Pharmacist.
- Maintain compliance with regulations from applicable State Board of Pharmacy, local, state, and federal requirements as it pertains to prescriptions.
- Communicates with prescribers, customers, other staff, and any other entity required to complete prescription.
- Assists the Pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Answers phones, responds to more complex questions and requests or refers them to appropriate staff for medication information.
- Verifies data entry information.
- Maintains records by recording and filling physicians orders and prescriptions.
- Checks medications and administration supply inventory for out of date products, removes products from inventory and works with the appropriate resource to record out of date products.
- Responsible for ordering drugs and supplies for pharmacy, based on established order points and as directed.
- Ensure that purchased items meet customer service demands, pharmacy operations requirements, and specified pricing models.
- Utilize inventory control programs and policies to achieve targeted inventory levels.
- Review inventory and purchasing needs on a daily basis to ensure the uninterrupted flow of products through appropriate purchasing procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy of computerized inventory records.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- May be a resource to lower-level pharmacy technicians.
- May train lower-level pharmacy technicians.
Requires H.S. diploma or equivalent and minimum of 2 year experience as a Registered Pharmacy Technician and previous experience in pharmacy environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Valid Registered Pharmacy Technician required. Preferred Skills, Capabilities & Experience:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board certificate preferred.
- Experience with pharmacy adjudication platform preferred.
- Experience in dispensing pharmacy setting preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmacy terminology strongly preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.