This intern will learn from our entire Medical Management Expert (MMX) Team, working with nurse case managers, our Corporate Medical Director, our pharmacist and all of our other medical teammates. By working in conjunction with many of our MMX team members, through job shadowing and special projects, they will learn about the importance of teamwork, medical treatment and behavioral health in managing occupational injuries and the big influence nurses have helping injured worker's recovery.
Check out the Internships at Emergent Holdings video to learn more.
- Job shadow with MMX leaders to learn of medical management strategies
- Work with nurse case managers to learn about the case management process and how this can be utilized in care management
- Meet with pharmacist and pharmacy nurse team to learn about pharmaceutical needs of an occupation injury and the risks of opioids
- Work with utilization review team to learn about the use of evidence based medicine guidelines to ensure reasonable and necessary care for occupational injures
- Meet with the Corporate Medical Director to discuss and learn about current medical trends in workers compensation and future advancements in medical care
- Job shadow with nurse triage and telemedicine program team members to learn about new innovations in medical being provided to injured workers
- Engage with several medical management projects in supporting the MMX team
- Attends unit, departmental, and corporate meetings as assigned.
- Shows learning and both personal and professional growth and understanding of responsibilities.
- Gains an understanding of how company and business works.
- Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments.
- Manages multiple deadlines.
- Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned.
- Uses company software applications to complete assignments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Have status as a sophomore, junior or senior as of the end of the spring term (or be enrolled in an applicable graduate program).
- Have status as a rising freshman, at least 18 years-old, who is enrolled in or has completed a vocational insurance-related program, with some college credits.
- Hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better as of the most recent grading period.
- Be able to work full-time during normal business hours for this summer.
- Be available to begin employment between late-May and mid-June.
Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program that aligns with our various businesses. EXPERIENCE:
With proper education credentials no experience necessary. Previous work experience preferred. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software; Internet research experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Work is performed in an office/remote setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.