There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The candidate will conduct cabin comfort analysis, specifically Equivalent Homogeneous Temperature (EHT) analysis and collaborate with system integration VDDV team for sizing and optimizing climate control systems. The candidate should have a very strong background in CFD and heat transfer simulation and be proficient in heat transfer and CFD analysis tools.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired qualifications:
- Build and/or oversee the building of cabin comfort models (including occupants) using StarCCM+.
- Analyze simulation as well as physical test results, verify simulation methodology.
- Develop simplified comfort simulation models to be integrated into vehicle system level energy models.
- Build thermal property database (HTCs, thermal masses) for thermal comfort simulation for various vehicle types.
- Develop simplified engineering models using analytical or empirical methods to representcomplex components and subsystems to support fast-paced vehicle development.
- Communicate with Development and Program teams to address performance issues and provide suggestions to lead their resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-function teams to optimize climate control system and maximize electric vehicle range.
- Collaborate with wind tunnel test team and participate in wind tunnel testing if needed.
- 2+ years of experience in StarCCM+ and associated pre/post processors.
- Very strong understanding of CFD and heat transfer principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in StarCCM+ and associated pre/post processors.
- Familiarity with GT-Suite.
- Experience in human comfort thermal modeling and automotive HVAC systems.
- Working experience in automotive HVAC systems, human physiology and programming skills with JAVA and Python would be a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (ME), Physics or Related Field (required)
- Master of Science or Ph.D. - Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.