About OnStar Insurance
OnStar Insurance was launched in 2020 and will soon be available in all US states. We are disrupting auto insurance by integrating insurance into the vehicle experience from shopping to price to claims. This disruption is backed by the bold GM vision of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.
GM has the largest connected vehicle fleet worldwide with over 10M connected GM vehicles on the road in the US today. That number is projected to triple in the next 10 years. More than that, we currently have access to thousands of data points from and about the vehicle. This surge in information about vehicles and how they are driven will revolutionize auto insurance.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join at the foundational stage of a start-up leading the transformation of the auto insurance experience powered by the largest connected vehicle fleet in the world. If you share our vision of making auto insurance fairer and more transparent, and increasing customer value through personalized experiences, then OnStar Insurance is the place for you! At OnStar Insurance, your contributions will directly impact the customer and achieving our mission.
Our goal at OnStar Insurance is to transform the auto insurance industry. Building an amazing culture for our associates is key to our success. We are focused on creating a culture that motivates and enables our diverse and talented associates to perform their best.
As a data analytics professional at OnStar Insurance, your role is to drive business decisions from actionable insights. To accomplish these goals, you will frame data in terms of business questions, turn data into insights, and insights into actionable deliverables. You accomplish these goals by leveraging both strong business acumen and understanding of data. You are expected to be proficient in querying, investigating, transforming, analyzing, and visualizing a variety of types of data using a variety of analytical methods and tools. If you're passionate about technology, love to learn, enjoy collaborating cross-functionally, and are excited to work with marketing, operations, telematics, and claims data, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and make a difference.
Prior analytics experience with personal lines insurance marketing, product, pricing/ratemaking, underwriting, claims, digital experience, and/or operations is a big plus. We also provide support for any candidates pursuing the Casualty Actuarial Society credential.
This is a remote position. The selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
- Collaborates with leaders and stakeholders to understand business issues, frames issues in terms of data, analyzes business or project performance using statistical methods or data visualization, and creates ad-hoc reports to share findings and recommendations
- Identifies, develops, and implements data strategy across disparate systems and experiences in collaboration with business and technology teams
- Performs testing and validation of data sets
- Leverages wide range of statistical methodologies and data to tackle business problems
- Documents analysis and communicates effectively to non-technical audience
- Serves as a "trusted advisor" to product, business intelligence, data science, IT, and other teams on the use and analysis of data
- Thrives in reciprocal environments with leaders and managers to resolve and address ad-hoc data and reporting needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, data science, computer science, information technology, statistics, or other quantitative field
- Demonstrated experience driving business decisions through data-driven actionable recommendations
- Experience with one or more data visualization tools: Tableau, Power BI, or similar
- Experience with querying, investigating, cleansing, and manipulating data using SQL, R, Python, and other tools
- Experience with multiple database structures and data types
- Experience with statistical methods such as descriptive statistics, regression, probability analysis, risk analysis using one or more analytical tools such as R, Python, or similar
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary groups
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision-making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.