Insurance Assistant- None Client Facing
As our Business Insurance Customer Service Rep at Marsh McLennan Agency, you'll provide clerical and administrative support to account servicers supporting all types of commercial insurance in accordance with departmental objectives and procedures. Whether it's an internal request for policy information, you're focused on the details and getting people the right information.
To thrive in this role you don't need any prior insurance experience - we'll teach you what you need to know and you will be licensed in the first 3 months. However, you should be a detail-oriented person with some background working in customer service on a team - whether that be a restaurant, bank, retail, or something entirely different. You should know how to work well under pressure and want to help.
Make a career. Make a difference. When you work at MMA, you'll experience real opportunities to help people and businesses become more safe, secure, and successful. With MMA, you can create a career that matters. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists with daily tasks and specific project activities supporting Client Representatives and Client Advisors roles. Requires knowledge and familiarity of processes and procedures of file maintenance and client deliverables.
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- Process mail for your team
- Prepare policy for policy checking by:
- Confirming all necessary documents are in file
- Creating policy checking requests to submit to policy checkers
- When checked policy is returned, if no errors, process the policy to the client OR
- If errors, process policy to client once errors have been addressed & request appropriate changes.
Endorsements including Audits:
- Confirming accuracy of data in Agency Management System updating as necessary and when correct send to client.
- Invoice any associated additional/return premium
- Complete daily cert requests under direct supervision of the CA and transmit to Certificate Holder according to described process & procedures
- Maintain Certificate Holder lists according to described procedures.
- Process renewal certificates as assigned by CR/CA batch and distribute according to described procedures.
Data Entry and Documentation:
- Add and maintain Prospects and Clients
- Update policy data
- Issue Auto ID Cards
- Update Schedules of various kinds
- Maintain required documentation according to described procedure
With more experience,
• Become proficient in the use of technology systems, software and tools such as working with pivot tables, data manipulation and basic analysis
• Establish and maintain positive and effective working relations with other Associates and InsurersEDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma and two years related administrative or clerical experience.
- Obtain and maintain a valid AK Business Insurance Agent License.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software at the Intermediate User Level (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must maintain a high attention to detail when working at a varying pace and managing multiple tasks with adjusting priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Agency management system experience preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation (internal customer focus).
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) provides colleagues the freedom to make a career and difference. We encourage you to explore your curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
You can apply your talent in bold ways that make a difference - at MMA. For more information about our company, please visit us at http://marshmma.com/careers.
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision will be dependent on a case by case basis.
This job has expired.