The Installation Site Coordinator is a hybrid role: Project Management and Senior Field Service Engineer responsibilities. The Installation Site Coordinator leads and mentors the members of the regional service teams for an Integration Engineering project, MMC installation, Large HMC installation, and Standard Pallet Automation Integration to ensure scope, quality, and delivery objectives are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Duties as a Project Manager when schedule and workload dictates.
- Take direction from the Project Manager and provides frequent communication of site status, issues and performance to schedule. Update PM once a week, by email, progress of current week and goals for the following week.
- Direct the regional service team members, which will be Makino and contract resources, including the assignment of tasks.
- Direct third-party vendors during the installation phase. Coordinate their activities with the other aspects of a project installation.
- Perform installation tasks, such as machine/equipment setup, all cell content which will include 3rd party equipment.
- Install automation equipment (ASE), install machines (FSE), and as needed, edit programs to make robots flow/function better (ASE/Controls)
- Often, will act as the site lead FSE.
- Ensure team members have all the necessary tools to successfully complete assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems encountered during installation and startup. Must be able to communicate these problems and/or issues with Makino engineering departments or third-party vendors.
- Assist automation engineering with robot cell design reviews along with other Makino departments in the resolution of issues and problems requiring specific expertise. Document and feed engineering changes back to Engineering Team leaders. Meet with engineering weekly per job to discuss mechanical and electrical issues. See through that the issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Interface with customers on a continual basis while both on and off site, to ensure a successful installation for both Makino and the customer.
- Support 3rd party runoff acceptance requirements per the Description of Operation
- Travel to 3rd party suppliers to learn operation, setup, maintenance and installation of Makinopurchased equipment.
- When schedule or need dictates, perform duties as a rotational TSS. Answer calls from customers and Makino employees to assist with the resolution of those issues.
- Assist training department with the transfer of Standard Pallet Automation experience and knowledge to regional service members by creating procedures for installation and troubleshooting procedures for all machine types and robot vendors.
- Main contact to support TSS with troubleshooting of machines with Standard Pallet Automation.
- Assist all regional service teams by performing service activities when installation site coordinator experience and expertise is required.
- Integrate EDM, HMC, and VMCs with Standard Pallet Automation interface. Work with Install Project Specialist, automation vendor, and customer to create a schedule for the installation/integration.
- Perform as project manager for MMC2 installations. Perform site visit to inspect installation area and to set customer expectations. Create a schedule for the install, checking availability with multiple teams. Keep installation on schedule so all the tasks can align.
- Manage multiple job sites simultaneously. Visit multiple customers in the same week when necessary.
- Train incoming site coordinators to get them up to speed on what is expected of the position (can take up to 2 years).
Has no direct reports, however, provides mechanical, electrical, and control installation leadership and support for Integration Engineering projects, MMC installations, Machine installations, Erowa installations, 3R installations, and Large HMC installations.LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides mechanical, electrical, and control installation leadership and support for Integration Engineering projects as well as MMC, large HMC, and Standard Pallet Automation integrations.
- Must be able to direct project site activities and installation crews on multiple sites simultaneously.
- Must be able to identify and resolve scheduling conflicts between the Makino teams, the customer and 3rd party resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong emphasis on time management.
- A strong understanding of CNC equipment is required; familiarity with the entire Makino product line is a plus. This includes Makino automation preferences such as Fanuc robots and Allen Bradley PLC and HMI.
- Both mechanical and electrical installation experience in industrial/manufacturing sites.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement layout drawings and electrical schematics.
- Experience in having responsibilities for executing integration project installations.
- Ability to effectively interface with project customers and third-party vendors.
- Ability to effectively interact with superiors and subordinates.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities in the execution of tasks and projects.
- Able to utilize Office products: Word, Excel, Project, etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
2-year Associate Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent work experience is required. A minimum of three years of Makino work experience or extensive knowledge/experience of the manufacturing industry is preferred.TRAVEL
- Able to travel both nationally and internationally.
- 60 to 90 percent overnight and weekend travel is required.
- Position requires after hours and weekend work at customer and supplier facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the individual is required to speak and hear. The individual is required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. Physical requirements include frequent standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Individual is occasionally required to lift or move heavy material (5-50 pounds) from a variety of positions.WORK ENVIRONMENT The
work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of the work is to be performed in either the Makino Integration Bay or at the customer's facility. Periods of activity require work to be performed in the office environment. When at a customer's facility, the work will be located on the manufacturing floor with exposure to high noise levels, dust, heat, oil, coolant and coolant mist and other elements plus travel conditions, with one or the other present to the extent of being disagreeable. This job requires long hours on the factory floor working with the machines both at Makino and at the customer's site.
We believe that the interests of our company and people are inseparable and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. Employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry.
Makino offers competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training.Makino is proud to be an EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets employerMakino is a government contractor and, as such, must comply with Executive Order 14042 if enacted which mandates vaccination of employees.