As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Supervises the activities of the Market Areas Inside Sales Team and provides a level of experience/expertise in the sale of Waste Management services to customers resulting in additional revenue. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with the Inside Sales Team.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction on all sales transactions. Communicates to and work with the Market Area Sales Manager to help resolve escalated or unique customer issues.
- Supervises activities of the Inside Sales Department. Ensures team members meet or exceed sales call activity goals for new sales, lead generation and contact productivity.
- Forecasts and recruits qualified candidates for available and/or upgraded Inside Sales Team positions.
- Executes ongoing training that provides both formal training and informal coaching sessions to Inside Sales Representatives. Encourages feedback and is available to answer questions, provide direction and/or offer assistance when needed.
- Participates in training and coaching the Inside Sales staff.
- Sets up and maintains accurate customer records for all customer interactions. This includes prospect data, contracts, orders and service machine documentation.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees, including:
IV. Qualifications ABOUT WM
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelors degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two (2) years of direct business-to-business sales (in addition to education requirements).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Candidates must be able to: build relationships, communicate with impact, demonstrate professionalism, demonstrate leadership/coaching, make sound decisions, think strategically, produce results, know the business, influence and negotiate, manage work/time, and use ethical practices.
- This is a supervisory position. Placement into or advancement to this position is dependent upon individual performance, local market conditions and/or Market Area requirements. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of training prerequisites and Market Area management approval.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
This job has expired.
) is North America's largest comprehensive waste management environmental solutions provider. Previously known as Waste Management and based in Houston, Texas, WM is driven by commitments to put people first and achieve success with integrity. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides collection, recycling and disposal services to millions of residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. With innovative infrastructure and capabilities in recycling, organics and renewable energy, WM provides environmental solutions to and collaborates with its customers in helping them achieve their sustainability goals. WM has the largest disposal network and collection fleet in North America, is the largest recycler of post-consumer materials and is the leader in beneficial reuse of landfill gas, with a growing network of renewable natural gas plants and the most gas-to-electricity plants in North America. WM's fleet includes nearly 11,000 natural gas trucks - the largest heavy-duty natural gas truck fleet of its kind in North America - where more than half are fueled by renewable natural gas. To learn more about WM and the company's sustainability progress and solutions, visit Sustainability.WM.com