Job ID: 427302
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Responsible for inside sales and/or counter sales. The individual in this role is responsible for answering product inquiries, take customer orders, coordinate delivery with dispatch, and coordinate with internal company departments and vendors in a fast-paced office along with leading other reps. Customers include homeowners, developers, contractors, and installers. This position is often combined with customer service initiatives and providing support to outside sales representatives as needed. This position is also responsible leading others and supporting the manager with administrative functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive customer phone calls; provides support to customers and contractors via phone and in person.
- Provide information technical information about products and prices.
- Refer to product catalogs and specification guides to determine related product uses and applications.
- Work closely with outside sales representatives regarding sales promotions and initiatives which require phone contact and follow-up along with visits to customers.
- Coordinate mailings of literature and samples. Investigate and research all customer inquiries and concerns and follows-up promptly with the customer.
- Help customers with design ideas/problems; provides customer feedback to management.
- Coordinate delivery schedules with dispatch and maintains customer informed of such schedules.
- Enter sales orders into computer for tracking.
- Attend training meetings, seminars, bimonthly sales meetings, and schools as required.
- Assist in monthly physical inventory counts, enter and manage inventory in computer system.
- Retrieve information for credit department when needed. Follow all safety regulations.
- Coordinate and work with manager and workers for timely completion of all jobs and maintenance of normal inventory and development of new processes.
- Oversee shipping of products to verify conformance to specifications and directs requisition and inspection of forklift repairs and supplies.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations. Maintains harmony among workers / drivers and resolves grievances Assist manager in administrative duties, which include ordering product, receiving product and PO discrepancies.
- Receiving completed order from reps via email and CPQ for both residential and commercial jobs.
- Processing residential and commercial orders, Communicating (order confirmation) with accounts and reps on order status and delivery.
- Pricing inquiries from the sales reps. Inventory inquiries from sales reps (Do we have it? Where is it?).
- Store inventory management (Plant and Store demand monitoring).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
This position may have direct reports as specified by organizational hierarchy and shift specifications and will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations' policies and applicable laws Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements/Education/ Experience:
High School diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, experience or training in related field. Be skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Have previous sales experience: Knowledge of concrete masonry is a plus; Have a positive attitude and desire to work with a great team in a fast-paced environment. Good with basic math Good organizational and problem solving skills Experience with multi-line phone system. Attention to detail. Pleasant phone personality. Ability to multi task. Physical Environment:
Ability to sit for extended periods of time Ability to perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands and fingers to use a PC and keyboard Bending and some lifting. Extensive writing. Extensive phone and radio use. Tasks can be very repetitive. Able to lift concrete products and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds from floor level to 4 feet high; Able to provide assistance to others in moving heavier or bulkier objects; Have good depth perception and color discrimination.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
Outside Sales, Telemarketing, Inside Sales, Forklift, Temporary, Sales, Contract, Manufacturing
This job has expired.