Are you a night owl? Join our team of valued employees in achieving manufacturing success!
Schedule: 4x4 schedule, 12-hour shifts
Primary Purpose of Position:
Perform high-speed manufacturing equipment operation & maintenance and provide services to support the plant's steel packaging production goals..
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform and assist in operation & preventative maintenance on high-speed, automated production equipment as required, including track work, elevator, and complete maintenance of the line.
- Complete various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Perform troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Accomplish on-the-job training and development.
- Conduct inspection of in-process materials and finished steel packaging products.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- May assist with the disassembly, overhaul, and rebuilds of production equipment.
- May be required to stage and maintain packaging materials and follow correct packaging/banding procedures.
- Relieve operators for breaks as needed.
- Complete record keeping duties, as required under the direction of management.
- Communicate pertinent information to next shift.
- Responsible for clean-up, painting and housekeeping duties.
At Sonoco, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Sonoco is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED) or through equivalent work experience.
- Job related experience for 1-2 year(s) minimum
- Mechanical troubleshooting (hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.)
- Use of micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Ability to use simple hand and power tools
- Flexibility to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a production environment complying with all safety and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE rules) and guidelines.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customer in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships, gains their trust and respect.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.