Sonoco is seeking individuals with STRONG mechanical knowledge, a natural curiosity in how mechanical things work and how things are made.
Does mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance drive you? Join our Milwaukee high-speed manufacturing plant, where your efforts are greatly appreciated!
Signing Bonus $2000
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8-hour shifts
Shift: Rotating Days/Night
Primary Purpose of Position:
Operate and maintain high-speed, steel packaging manufacturing equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Disassemble, overhaul, and rebuild production equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment as required.
- Conduct inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished product.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- Access, input, and retrieve information from the computer.
- Communicate pertinent information to next shift.
- Supply and maintain required hand tools.
- Complete clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Rotate through all workstations as needed.
At Sonoco we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options.
Sonoco is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Requires a strong mechanical aptitude, as well as the ability to operate and maintain a high-speed production line.
- Background preferred: Experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of production machinery, auto mechanic, machine rebuild, military or aviation mechanic.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.