Join our team of valued employees in achieving manufacturing success! You make things happen!
Schedule: 4x4 schedule, 12-hour shifts
Primary Purpose of Position:
Operate and maintain high-speed steel coating manufacturing equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Perform and assist in preventative maintenance on production equipment as required, including track work, elevator, and complete maintenance of the line.
- Complete on-the-job training.
- May be required to stage and maintain packaging materials and follow correct packaging/banding procedures.
- May assist with the disassembly, overhaul, and rebuilds of production equipment.
- May perform troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Conduct inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished products.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- Communicate pertinent information to next shift.
- Perform clean-up, painting and housekeeping duties.
At Sonoco, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Sonoco is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED), or through equivalent work experience
- Job related experience for 1-2 year(s) minimum
- Strong mechanical skills
Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Mechanical troubleshooting (hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.)
- Use of micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Ability to use simple hand and power tools
- Basic mathematical calculations and functionally use a computer
- Statistical process controls (SPC) software
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customer in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships, gains their trust and respect.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.