Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of multi-state income/franchise tax projects ranging from tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, audit management, taxability research, and compliance. You will be responsible for assisting with income/franchise tax engagements including consulting and tax planning. You will also assist with management and communication of SALT Thought Leadership and developments to the internal firm and external clients.
A typical day as a State and Local Income/Franchise Tax Manager might include the following:
Who You Are
- Address state and local tax issues for individuals, corporations, partnerships and LLCs.
- Prepare and deliver tax advice on a variety of multistate income, franchise, and gross receipts tax topics.
- Multi-state income tax planning, compliance, and income tax accounting.
- State tax controversies, protests, and audit defense..
- Assist with both buy and sell-side state aspects of transactions
- Tax return review and guidance, voluntary disclosure projects, credits and incentives, and recovery studies.
- Client communications, project scoping, budgeting, staffing and billing.
- Assist with SALT Thought Leadership management for firm and external clients, including preparation and publication of written pieces and delivery of presentations
- Attend professional development and training seminars on a regular basis.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (required). A Masters of Taxation, MBA, or LLM in Taxation, or JD is preferred.
- You have 5+ years of related experience with state and location taxation required. Experience with multi-state income/franchise taxation required.
- You have a valid Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or are an actively license attorney (required).
- You possess comprehensive technical skills as it relates to multi-state taxation, including, experience with apportionment of income for corporations and pass-through entities .
- You have experience with due diligence, voluntary disclosure negotiations, audit defense, credits and incentives, and MS Excel modeling.
- You have experience identifying and addressing client needs; building, maintaining and utilizing client relationship networks; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements; managing project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing state tax laws and policy.
- You possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- You possess leadership and management skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future. What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , LinkedIn or our About Us page.