Senior Living Care Center is hiring a
Part-time Housekeeper - Laundry Assistant.
This position is primarily housekeeping and will also work with laundry as scheduled and needed.
Work where you feel safe.
During the National Public Health Emergency caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic, do you want to work in one of the safest environments possible? A place where the people you serve average 85% fully vaccinated? A place where your co-workers will also be fully vaccinated? Recently, the Healthcare division of Volunteers of America National Services decided to require vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. While this decision was difficult, we understand that we care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we serve. This commitment extends to another very important group of individuals, our employees.
Join us today in providing care and services to older adults in an organization that cares deeply about the health and well-being of others; those we care for, our employees, our community and our Nation.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA is hiring for Sleepy Eye Care Center, which is an Assisted Living, Independent Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care Residence.
Part time position.
Hours: 8 am - 4 pm and working 20-24 hours per week and every other weekend
Wage: $11.70 to 12.70 an hour depending upon years of experience and selected benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES for Housekeeping:
• Performs defined cleaning procedures, using various chemicals and cleaning agents, supplies and equipment.
• Dusting/polishing and arranging furniture or equipment.
• Mopping and polishing floors.
• Vacuuming carpets and draperies.
• Scouring and sanitizing sinks, toilets, tubs and shower areas.
• Polishing plumbing fixtures.
• Cleaning mirrors, lighting fixtures, doors, carpets and furniture.
• Washing or spot cleaning walls.
• Removing stains and debris from floors, carpets and furniture.
• Removing, transporting and disposing of trash.
• Replenishes paper products, hand soap products and wastebasket liners as needed during routine cleaning procedures.
• Maintains housekeeping cart and utility closets in sanitary and orderly condition.
RESPONSIBILITIES for Laundry:
1. Performs defined department procedures using various chemicals, detergents, supplies, and equipment for collecting sorting, washing, drying, folding and distributing facility linen and residents' personal clothing.
2. Inspects articles for cleanliness, stains and tears; sorts them for re-washing, spot removal and mending.
3. Observes equipment for changes in pressure, water levels, temperature and chemical flow.
4. Marks identification information on articles of clothing using press-on labels.
5. Follows established procedures for storing, labeling and securing laundry chemicals.
6. Follows established reporting procedures for the following:
a. Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring or tiling requiring replacement or repair;
b. Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment;
c. Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
7. Collect soiled linen from nursing units. If linen barrels are used, reline with plastic liners. Wash out barrels with detergent/disinfectant as necessary and allow to dry.
8. Follow infection control procedures and universal precautions using gowns/aprons and gloves as required.
9. Sort soiled linen according to facility procedure.
10. Wash and dry according to procedures for each machine.
11. Fold clean linens. Stack in central linen supply closet.
12. Separate personal clothing. Fold undergarments; hand dresses, blouses, shirts and pants on hangers. Distribute to proper resident room.
13. Distribute clean linens as directed.
14. Clean washers and dryers as directed.
15. Mop floor of laundry department.
16. Use chemicals as instructed and with safety precautions (gloves, goggles).
17. Report any malfunctions to supervisor.
18. Cull linens that are torn or worn beyond use report to supervisor.
19. Know fire and disaster preparedness plans. Respond to assist in fighting the fire and evacuating residents, families, visitors and other facility staff.
20. Observe the practices of dignity and hospitality in respect to residents, families, visitors and other facility staff.
21. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
22. Performs other duties or special assignments as directed by the Laundry Supervisor.
Redwood City, California
Posted about 10 hours ago
San Bernardino, California
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago