Location:Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20016
NEW MARKET RATES!
GENERAL SUMMARY: Performs all aspects of routine Histotechnology. Accessions cases and verifies accurate patient and case information. Processes and embeds tissue, cuts tissue blocks and mounts cut material on slides. Stains and coverslips slides for routine H&E stain, special stains and IHC stains (as needed). Assists with autopsy, as needed. Processes body fluids. Inputs computer information, to include billing information associated with testing, as required. Performs tasks requiring the exercise of independent judgement and responsibility with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience: (Must meet one or more of the following requirements)
- Successful completion of 3 years (90 semester hours) of college with the following distribution of courses:
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences and has at least 1 year of pertinent full-time laboratory experience and/or training in the specialty or sub-specialty in which the individual performs tests.
- Successful completion 3 years of academic study (minimum of 90 semester hours) which meet specific requirements for entrance into a school of medical technology and has successfully completed a course of training of at least 12 months in such a school.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology from an accredited college or university.
- With respect to individuals qualifying prior to July 1971, the technologist:
- For those whose training was completed after September 14, 1973, 16 hours in chemistry courses which include at least 6 hours in inorganic chemistry and which are acceptable toward a major in chemistry, 16 hours in biology courses which are pertinent to the medical sciences and are acceptable toward a major in biology, 3 hours of mathematics and has experience and/or training covering several fields of medical laboratory work of at least 1 year and of such quality as to provide him/her with education and training in medical technology equivalent to that described in paragraph 1-3.
- For those whose training was completed prior to September 15, 1963: at least 24 semester hours in chemistry and biology courses of which at least 6 hours were in inorganic chemistry and at least 3 hours in other chemistry courses; pertinent to medical science.
- Achieves a satisfactory grade in a proficiency examination approved by the Secretary of HHS.
- has had at least 10 years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience prior to January I, 1968. (This required experience might be met by the substitution of education for experience.)
- was performing the duties of a clinical laboratory technologist at anytime between July 1, 1961, and January I, 1968, and
- HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) required.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/histotechnologist-laboratory-pathology-sibley-memorial-hospital-615765-788ef/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.