GDH is looking for several Help Desk Technical Specialist I to provide technical support assisting end-users with their day-to-day technical issues. If you enjoy a fast paced environment, and want exposure to new technologies, this is the job for you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Under general supervision, provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to customer end-users by performing question / problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a call center environment.
2. Act as the initial contact for all end-users that need technical support.
3. Answering the help desk phone, creating new or updating existing tickets, and responding to tickets assigned as appropriate.
4. Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly professional manner and assist senior technicians as needed.
5. Follow defined procedures and policies to resolve recurring issues.
6. Escalate or involve senior technicians on more sensitive or complex end-user problems.
7. Perform related work as required.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Communication Proficiency.
5. Team Player.
6. Work Independently.
7. Time Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday in one of the following timeslots: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional deviations from these timeslots might be necessary depending on client or company needs.
Infrequent travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. Basic understanding of desktop operating systems, various software applications and PC/Server/Network hardware.
2. Basic understanding of principles and theories of network systems and management.
3. Basic understanding of Internet technologies and products.
4. Basic understanding of electrical safety procedure.
5. At least one year of technical work experience or equivalent education.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associate's (or higher) degree in computer science related field.
2. Two or more years of technical work experience.One or more relevant technical certifications (e.g. A+, Network+ and Security+).