Job ID: 479138
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Operators will operate a front-end loader in a rugged outdoor, unpaved environment to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Observes equipment operation to detect machine malfunction
- Performs routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
What CRH Offers You
- At least 2 years' experience using heavy equipment/front end loader (Volvo L90 preferred)
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Able to sit for extended periods in operation of equipment on varying surfaces (paved, dirt, multilevel)
- Able to climb up & down from cab heights with ease multiple times per hour
- Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision
- Must be able to work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Mar 16, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Saginaw Job Segment:
Front End, Equipment Operator, Facilities, Technology, Manufacturing, Operations