As a Hardware Systems Architect at Meta Reality Labs, you will lead the definition of the end-to-end silicon architecture on upcoming AR products, help drive the overall strategy & roadmap, and be a part of the team designing, building future consumer AR experiences. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, thrive in ambiguity, are able to map trade spaces and can help set up technology roadmaps that can transition into a high-volume consumer product.You will lead the definition of the end-to-end silicon architecture across all parts of the system working closely across display, silicon, hardware and software platform and experiences. The role requires expert technical communication with cross-functional teams across research, silicon, display, hardware engineering, software and user experience. This role requires excellent technical understanding of consumer electronics and silicon architecture.The ideal candidate would blend strong systems skills with a background in designing silicon architectures. Previous roles should involve driving architecture convergence on complex consumer electronics products with experience with silicon design, development and evaluation and the ability to work collaboratively with experts in different fields to make architectural tradeoffs.
Hardware Systems Architect, Silicon Responsibilities:
- Lead the definition of the end-to-end silicon architecture across display, silicon, hardware and software platform and experiences
- Conduct detailed analysis and trade-off studies for complex systems
- Evaluate alternative architectures options from internal and external partners
- Engage with technology project leads, and various component SMEs in creating the overall system architecture and platform as the starting point for product execution
- Communicate technology and product strategy effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
- Guide management and partner teams on long term technology investments
- Travel up to 15% time domestically and internationally
- MS in EE/CS or equivalent
- 10+ years of product experience in system and silicon architecture
- Communication experience working with Product Development engineers, Product Managers, Researchers and other hardware/software cross-functional teams
- Experience working with partnerships teams and external partners
- In depth experience with defining silicon architecture
- Track record of technical leadership on large, complex projects
- Shipping experience with consumer electronics
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.