Role Summary & Functions
Per Diem Hair Transplant Technician, Main Campus
Under the general direction of the Surgeon the Hair Transplant technician is responsible for instrumental care and safety of the patients. Included within this assignment is the responsibility for ensuring effective communication between members of the surgical team. The technician will be responsible for slivering, cutting, and implanting micro follicular grafts.
1. Administers patient care collaborating with the Surgeon
2. Communicate frequently with the Surgeon, with whom assigned, for direction in preparing the patient for surgery, help position the patient, and scrub on assigned cases.
3. Performs slivering, cutting and implanting micro follicular grafts during the hair transplant procedure.
4. Assist with the case, preparation and maintenance of supplies, utensils, instruments and equipment.
5. Be scrubbed and ready for each case on time assist with instruments and sponge counts, preparation of specimens and/or collection of data for records.
6. Maintain operating room policies and procedures.
7. Assist with general clean-up of an operating room and various housekeeping duties.
- High school Diploma or GED completed
- Successful completion of an approved Surgical Technician Program, preferably with certification recommended
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work well with colleagues and patients
- Must be detail oriented and knowledgeable in the operation of all operating room equipment
Frequently lifts moderate weights; pushes stretchers/beds/carts/machines; pull carts, stretchers, equipment, stretches across beds/patients, stands for long periods of time. Sits on stools for long periods of time; stands under warm lights, works in darkness and in the presence of lasers. Potential exposure to environmental hazards and infectious materials are identified during annual mandatory in-service where techniques and procedures taught and practiced will reduce/eliminate risk. Protective barrier equipment/clothes are readily available in all patient care areas and staff are oriented to the location of themEEO Statement
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.