Cost of Services Sold
Job Posting Title:
Grounds Maintenance Specialist
Job Description Summary:
Function / Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintenance of grounds for all lawns, fields, walks, pathways, roads and parking lots at the client location.
- Mow lawns, using hand mower or power mower.
- Trim and edge around walks, flower beds and walls, using clippers, weed cutters and edging tools.
- Prune shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches or twigs, using shears, pruning shears or chain saws.
- Spray lawn, shrubs and trees with fertilizer, herbicides and insecticides, using hand or automatic sprayer.
- Rake and bag or bum leaves using rake.
- Clean grounds and remove litter, using spiked stick or broom.
- Plant grass, flowers, trees and shrubs, using gardening tools.
- Water lawn and shrubs, using hose or by activating fixed or portable sprinkler system.
- Repair fences, gates, walls and walks, using carpentry and masonry tools.
- Clean out drainage ditches and culverts, using shovel and rake.
- Perform grounds maintenance tasks using tractor equipped with attachments, such as mowers, lime or fertilizer spreaders and lawn roller.
- Sharpen tools, such as weed cutters, edging tools and shears, using file or knife sharpener.
- Follow all C&W Services and site-specific health and safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support C&W Services in delivering our mission to the client.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalency.
- Have completed an accredited apprentice program and /or graduated from a trade school a plus.
- Must be willing to continue training in skill sets to maintain knowledge of the latest equipment and technologies.
- Three years' experience as a groundskeeper. Have familiarity with grounds maintenance for facilities of similar size and scope.
- Must have multi-skill set knowledge (Landscaping, irrigation, equipment operation, etc.).
- Have the ability and willingness to work rotational shift, including days, evenings, nights as well as overtime, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to operate golf carts and other motor vehicles
- Understanding the importance of priority of work tasks
Note: This position requires compliance with our COVID related protocols, which may also include client-specific requirements. This might include, but is not limited to,
either providing documentation of full vaccination as per CDC (if in U.S.) or public health mandate (if in Canada) guidelines or agreeing to regular COVID testing.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.