BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Grants Manager for an opportunity in Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Title: Grants Manager
Location Indianapolis, IN 46204
Expected Duration: 15 Months Contract
Purpose of Position:
The COVID Grants Manager is responsible for overseeing administration of the client Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) federal grant.
* Act as knowledgeable resource for finance and administration to Epidemiology Division Director.
* Works with Program Director to develop budget plan for federal funds. Reports to CFO periodically on status of budget plan
* Utilize PeopleSoft Financials to monitor and report ELC COVID spending throughout the fiscal year
* Oversee preparation and progress of Requests for Contract and accompanying contract attachments.
* Coordinate with Procurement staff for necessary spending of funds
* Maintain and make accessible financial files.
* Assist with procurement of vendors to include vendor selection and contracting.
* Oversee additional funds and projects as assigned.
* Perform related tasks as needed.
Federal Grant Functions:
* Prepare and submit all required financial reports to Federal funder.
* Oversee all financial aspects related to Federal grants and required reporting.
* Complete all necessary transactions for grant reconciliation at the end of each fiscal year.
* Prepare all closeout reports at the end of each fiscal year.
* Coordinate and submit progress reports for operational or budget adjustments as required by funder.
* Prepare projections of expenditures.
* Monitor costs monthly and adjust projections accordingly.
* Prepare the ELC grant application packet.
* Maintain and monitor PeopleSoft Financials queries to prevent overspending.
* Monitor inventory for subrecipient equipment purchased with Federal funds.
* Coordinate and perform subrecipient financial management reviews to ensure accuracy of accounts.
* Provide financial consultation and technical assistance to subrecipients.
* Monitor and analyze financial reports from subrecipients.
* Conduct subrecipient reviews to ensure compliance with policies and make recommendations for improvement.
* Maintain contract, budget, and financial files.
* Utilize PeopleSoft Financials for review and approval of vendor claims, processing of payments, and oversight of other expense transactions
* Extensive knowledge of the purpose, philosophy, and operation of the Epidemiology Division
* Extensive knowledge of Federal and State laws, policies, and procedures as they pertain to the Epidemiology Division
* Thorough knowledge of business administration practices and procedures and basic accounting
* Thorough ability to extend standard procedures and methods and develop new procedures and methods to deal with unprecedented situations.
* Thorough ability to work cooperatively with staff and representatives of state, local and federal agencies
* Extensive ability to read data processing printouts, analyze data and prepare reports
* Advanced knowledge of appropriate PeopleSoft Financials modules
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Advanced ability to develop new or modify existing policies and procedures
* Considerable ability to apply problem solving techniques to address issues at the State and local level
* Considerable ability to communicate verbally and in writing with individuals or in group situations
* Extensive communication skills both verbal and written
* Must be able to work under extreme pressure.
* Extensive ability to coordinate and evaluate staff activities and recommend actions to improve productivity and efficiency.
* Extensive ability to establish the program goals and set priorities among competing demands
* Must be able to work under extreme pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet time-sensitive timelines
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 145674 when responding to this ad.
Complex Problem Solving
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!