Requisition ID: 53627
General Maintenance III
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE III
- Primary duty and responsibility is to perform building repairs such as electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry, etc. and to assists with maintenance of heating, air conditioning, ventilation and other building operations. Applies skill, experience and general knowledge to a wide range of tasks to adjust, repair, disassemble, replace and reassemble and maintain equipment or facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assists with the installation of new equipment and assembly lines
- Installs and size utilities to include electrical conduit, wiring, and piping
- Maintains operations and preventative and emergency maintenance on boilers, air compressors, heating and air conditioning units, manufacturing machinery/equipment, vehicles, etc
- Assists in construction projects in plant, warehouse and throughout the company
- Develops and maintains schedules for routine and preventative maintenance; coordinates and facilitates vendor/contractor supported services
- Works with engineers, managers or other project groups to upgrade or install new processes and process equipment
- Responds to emergencies, work orders and performs scheduled preventative maintenance routines and inspections. Assist team members, vendors or contactors install, upgrade, trouble shoot and/or diagnose equipment and systems.
- May perform building and grounds maintenance, when necessary for backup or in the absence of the regular building and grounds maintenance person.
- Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures. Proactively identifies and takes action to correct unsafe working or building conditions and equipment malfunctions and other emergencies, or coordinates with the appropriate department, vendor or contactor to promptly resolve problems and minimize downtime.
- Determines material requirements and prices, obtains purchase approval and completes requisitions. Determines fast moving or emergency stand-by items to be stocked and establishes stock load and reorder points.
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate safety garments, using the appropriate tools and equipment and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- Maintains work order or services request logs and other company, regulatory and/or vendor reports that reflects department activity, equipment usage and maintenance history, building inspections, etc.
- Due to work assignments may be required to driver to different work sites.
Performs other duties as required. Qualifications:
- High school graduate or GED equivalency and related technical training required. Technical certifications a plus
- Experience performing job specific general maintenance duties that includes experience in maintenance of mechanical and low voltage electrical equipment.
- General knowledge of applicable building, electrical, plumbing, HVAC system, boilers, generators, etc. and proficient using all applicable tools and equipment.
- Experience operating a forklift may be required
- Possess a technical aptitude to read and understand technical documents and instructions such as, blue prints, electrical schematics, mechanical and machine drawings for installations, troubleshooting and repair
- Reads and writes in standards English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, including fractions and decimals.
- Successful completion of all training and ability to operate and performs preventative maintenance on assigned department equipment, machinery, tools, etc.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- May be required to use PC and other department specific database systems
- Ability to communicate in standard English and to convey information clearly and concisely; to understand and follow verbal or written instructions and to keep simple records and make reports
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and to be reached by pager or phone, 7days/week, 24 hours/day
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines
- Ability to work well with people
- Ability to performs specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision
- Ability to maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to walk long distances, climb on ladders and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching and stooping may be required. Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. Work environment is a noisy, high traffic manufacturing production floor. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays. Willing to work in all types of weather.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant. Nearest Major Market: