Job ID: 219378
Location: COOKEVILLE , TN , US
Date Posted: 2021-06-22
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has an opening for a GCCS Tier 1 Administrator. The GCCS Tier 1 Administrator will participate as a member of a contractor team of technical and functional experts. Will be responsible for support of the Global Command and Command System - Joint (GCCS-J) software applications, configuration management, and IT support services supporting a Department of Defense customer’s GCCS services.
General duties will include:
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, and tune system performance.
- Perform systems administration, software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services to Headquarters USCENTCOM, and their components for the support of GCCS-J which includes the suite of applications; Active Directory, DNS, Time Server, Agile Client, Joint Targeting Toolbox (JTT) and Joint Range Extender (JRE).
- Support infrastructures in a mixed Windows and Red Hat Linux.
- Modify and maintain Linux & Windows Hardware & Software configurations.
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Security + CE Certification is required or must be obtained within 60 days of start date.
- Active Secret Clearance is required. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
- 2+ years' experience with Linux operating system is preferred.
- Military or civilian experience with GCCS/AIDE.
- Windows Operating System and Servers
Travel and Shift Requirements
- This is a normal dayshift schedule supporting GCCS operations; 24/7 on-call is required for Nights, weekends and holidays. Candidate must be able and willing to work up to 12 hour shifts, as-needed.
- Candidate must also be available for and willing to travel, including international deployment to austere environments up to 15% annually and for durations of up to one-month at a time.
- A valid U.S. passport and compliance with all USCENTCOM deployment regulations for immunization and travel are required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.